PrattMWP Fast Facts
- PrattMWP is the upstate New York extension campus of Pratt Institute – one of the world’s leading colleges of art, design, and architecture. Pratt Institute is ranked among the top design schools by BusinessWeek, and PrattMWP is ranked among the top US design schools by Graphic Design USA.
- PrattMWP in Utica, New York, offers the first two years of Pratt Institute’s renowned and prestigious BFA programs in Fine Arts,(painting, drawing, printmaking, jewelry, sculpture and integrated practices), Communications Design (graphic design, branding and art direction, illustration), Art and Design Education (teacher preparation/certification) and Photography.
- After you complete the first two years of the BFA program at PrattMWP, you seamlessly and automatically relocate to Pratt’s Brooklyn campus, where you start as a junior as long as you remain in the major in which you were enrolled at MWP. . No application is required to relocate. Upon graduation, you are awarded your degree by Pratt Institute and become part of a prestigious community of talented Pratt alumni. The transition to the Brooklyn campus in year three is guaranteed as long as you are in good academic standing.
- Tuition at PrattMWP is substantially less than the main campus.
- 83% of PrattMWP students receive merit-based scholarships, up to approximately half tuition, and all students are automatically considered; no separate application is required. Students who relocate to Brooklyn are considered for generous scholarships based on their GPA at the end of the first semester of the second year at PrattMWP.
- Intimate, nurturing, small class sizes with a student to faculty ratio of 10:1. Our students work directly in the studio with full-time faculty – not grad students, adjuncts, or part-time lecturers.
- Generous residential on-campus housing is guaranteed while enrolled at PrattMWP.
- MWPAI Museum: The world-renowned Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute is situated on our residential and academic campus in Utica, NY. Visit its website at www.mwpai.org.
Interested in learning more?
Request a catalog
Schedule a campus visit
Read about admissions and portfolio requirements
Apply online now