Pratt Munson Strives to Make Our Campus Safe
The Campus Safety Department is dedicated to protecting the Pratt Munson campus community. Our Campus Safety Department is located in the center of the campus at 1208 State Street. All of the Campus Safety Officers are New York State Licensed and provide complete patrol coverage 24 hours a day- 365 days a year. In addition to a foot patrol, there is a monitored closed-circuit camera system.
For emergencies, the Campus Safety Dispatch desk can be reached by dialing 315-724-2670 or ext. 4444 from any campus phone.
All other business calls should be directed to 315-797-0000 ext. 2175.
Pratt Munson Safe is the official safety app of Pratt Munson. It is the only app that integrates with Pratt Munson's safety and security systems. Campus Security and Student Life have worked to develop a unique app that provides students, faculty, and staff with added safety on the Pratt Munson campus. The app will send you important safety alerts and provide instant access to campus safety resources.
Pratt Munson Safe features include
- Emergency Contacts: Contact the correct services for the Pratt Munson area in case of an emergency or a non-emergency concern
- Mobile Bluelight: Send your location to Pratt Munson Campus Safety in real time in case of a crisis
- Friend Walk: Send your location to a friend through email or SMS on your device. Once the friend accepts the Friend Walk request, the user picks their destination and their friend tracks their location in real-time; they can keep an eye on them to make sure they make it safely to their destination.
- Report a Tip: Report a safety/security concern directly to Pratt Munson security.
- Virtual WalkHome: Allow Campus Security to monitor a user’s walk. If a user feels unsafe when walking on campus, they can request a Virtual Walk Home and a dispatcher on the other end will monitor their journey until they reach their destination.
- Safety Toolbox: Enhance your safety with the set of tools provided in one convenient app.
- Chat with Security: Communicate live with safety staff at Pratt Munson via chat.
- Notification History: Find previous Push Notifications for this app with the date and time.
- I am OK! Send your location and a message indicating that “You’re OK” to a recipient of your choosing.
- Campus Map: Navigate around the Pratt Munson area.
- Emergency Plans: Campus emergency documentation that can prepare you for disasters or emergencies.
- This can be accessed even when users are not connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data.
- Support Resources: Access support resources in one convenient app to enjoy a successful experience at Pratt Munson.
- Safety Notifications: Receive instant notifications and instructions from Pratt Munson safety when on-campus emergencies occur.
Download today to ensure you are prepared in the event of an emergency. Download the app here.
When using the Pratt Munson Safe App, you must allow notifications and access to your location for the features to work. In order to do this, open your Pratt Munson Safe App. For notifications, click "About/Preferences" then "Notification Settings" then click "Enable Notifications.
If you only want to receive TEXT (SMS) notifications, sign up by texting the word *MWPAI* to *237233*.
For more information about the Pratt Munson Campus Safety Department or to obtain Cleary Act Crime Statistics or the Kerry Rose Fire Sprinkler Notification Act please read our Student Handbook or see the PDF listed below: