Pratt Munson offers the first two years of Pratt Institute’s renowned four-year Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
Pratt Munson is a unique opportunity for students applying to Pratt Institute’s bachelor degree programs, who would thrive and flourish in the intimate environment of our extension campus in Utica, New York.
Students spend their first two years at Pratt Munson in a small city, studying the same rigorous curriculum found on the Pratt Brooklyn campus, and then seamlessly transition down to the Brooklyn main campus for the final two years of their education, no separate application is required to relocate. Upon graduation, you are awarded your bachelor’s degree by the renowned Pratt Institute and become part of a prestigious community of talented Pratt alumni. Starting your BFA at Pratt Munson provides you with the same prestigious education you would receive at Pratt’s Brooklyn campus.
Become a Pratt Munson Student
Admission to Pratt Munson is selective, and on par with that of our Main Campus in Brooklyn. Pratt Institute’s Office of Admissions carefully considers each candidate’s application and weighs a number of factors, including artistic portfolio, academic record, letter of recommendation, and essays in order to find the right students who will thrive in the intimate environment of our Utica campus.
Pratt Munson students apply through the Common Application, just like Brooklyn campus students.
Portfolio requirements are the same for both campuses. Pratt Munson has a minimum TOEFL requirement of 71 (or the equivalent on an accepted test). For our full list of requirements, visit our application requirements page.
Why students choose Pratt Munson
- Pratt Munson was ranked among the top U.S.design schools in Graphic Design USA.
- Offering art and design majors in Communications Design (graphic design, illustration), Fine Arts (painting, drawing, sculpture and integrated practices, jewelry, printmaking), Art and Design Education (art teacher certification) and Photography.
- Intimate and nurturing environment with a 10-to-1 student-faculty ratio, located in Utica, New York, a small city that provides you with a quieter environment for the first two years of study.
- Significantly lower tuition cost than most top art schools for the first two years and generous merit-based scholarships ranging up to approximately half-tuition.
- Robust exhibition opportunities during the first two years of the program as part of your study.
- Incredible studios and classrooms, including an indoor/outdoor ceramics facility.
- Regularly visit the Munson Museum of Art, an extension to your classroom.
- Attentive faculty who are professional practicing artists and designers.
- An intimate, talented and connected student body.
Why Do Students Choose to Start Their Bachelor’s Degree at Pratt Munson College of Art and Design?
+ An intimate and nurturing environment with a 10 to 1 student to teacher ratio, ensuring individualized attention in every class. Pratt Munson’s faculty members are all professional artists and designers
+ A beautiful campus with a mix of historic and contemporary architecture, including modern, fully-equipped studios, generous on-campus housing, and a prestigious museum of art — Munson Museum of Art — located in Utica, New York, a quaint city near six million acres of protected Adirondack wilderness, providing many exciting activities and inspiration out-side of the classroom. Our location provides an ideal environment for students who prefer a quieter environment for the first two years.
+ Generous merit based scholarships, up to approximately half tuition, and a substantially lower tuition cost for the first two years than most top art and design schools